Reading Pillow Serger Class - October 14, 9:30 - 4:30
Serge a reading pillow and learn how to install a zipper, bias binding, serge curves, learn the serger tube turning trick, and more! If you have a serger that does both an overlock and coverstitch, you will use both. And if you have a serger plus a coverstitch only machine, you'll want to bring them both. No coverstitch option? No worries, we will have a Baby Lock Euphoria coverstitch machine available for you to use. You will choose your kit fabric when you register. Your kit will include all fabric, piping cording, pillow form, Creative Grids Curved Corner Cutter Ruler, and fusible interfacing. Any other supplies needed and purchased in store at Quilt Lizzy will receive a 20% discount. Skill level: Confident Beginner. Note: Kits will be available for pickup by September 26th. You will need to have fabrics cut and bias strips sewn/serged together for class on October 14th.
Serger and Coverstitch Serger, Owner's Manual w/threading guides, & Power Cord
- Serger Thread: 5 total - 2 cones matching main fabric, 1 matching accent trim and 2 blenders (neutral)
- Feet: Standard Serger Foot, Cording Foot 5mm, Cover Chain Foot
- Fabric Guide Attachment
- Combo machines: sewing table as well as cutting blade cover
- Knee Lift (if available)
- Floriani Press n Bond Thread
- 2 New 80/12 Needles (don't forget your allen wrench screwdriver)
- 18" x 24" Cutting Mat
- Rotary Cutter
Travel Iron & Travel Ironing surface such as a Wool Ironing Mat
Extra serger needles
- Wonder Clips size small
- OESD Tearaway or Wash Away Tape
- Double Sided 1/4" Tape
- Fabric Scraps: bias strips and 5" - 6" squares for practice
- 1 pkg 2 1/2 yard Wrights 5/8" Jumbo Rick Rack color: Red for Kids Pillow
*Class fees are non-refundable.
**Please note: due to asthma inducing sensitivities, please refrain from wearing perfumes or other strongly scented oils or fragrances. Thank you for understanding.